You can return your order, or any part of your order, for a full refund if your product is damaged on arrival or does not correspond description.
You must register your return within 5 days from receipt of your order and send the goods back according to our instructions without undue delay and in any case no later than 15 days from registering your return.
What can I do in case of an incident?
Incidents within 24/48 hours of delivery with signs of damaged package:
All our products leave the warehouse with the packaging in perfect condition.
If you as a customer detects any damage on delivery, it is INDISPENSABLE that you state it clearly on the dispatch note of the courier company indicating for instance ‘PACKAGE VISIBLY DAMAGED.’
If you as a customer inform us of an incident within 24 hours of delivery attaching the scanned dispatch note, we can use this document to claim on the shipper's insurance and replace the damaged product with a new one once the incident has been solved.
Incidents between 48 hours and 15 days of delivery:
If your order arrived damaged, or you’re having problems with a product you’ve bought, please contact us as soon as possible.
We will require an image or video showing the damage, fault or incorrect item received to be able to provide a solution. The most common solutions to resolving issues relating to damaged or faulty goods are:
- We may be able to provide a replacement.
- We may offer a discount to keep the goods with minor damage.
If we cannot replace the item, and you do not wish to accept a discount, you can cancel the order and return the goods for a full refund. We may be able to collect the goods or provide you with a free returns label. However if we can’t collect the item or provide a free returns label, we will refund reasonable returns postage costs upon you providing a copy of your returns postage receipt.
Damaged of faulty goods
We will accept the replacement of wrong products. Open Shop Marketplace will pay for the shipping expenses as long as we will be informed of the incident within 48 hours of delivery, except if Open Shop Marketplace decides to refund the value of the product instead.
Guarantee - Technical support after 15 days of delivery
All products have a 2-year guarantee offered by the manufacturer from the date of delivery except in the case of perishable products or health and hygiene products. Defects caused by negligence, hits, misuse or tampering, wrong voltage or installation, or wear and tear, are not included. In the case of IT products, the guarantee does not cover virus removal, programme restoration or disc reinstallation. In the case of incidents where a claim on the guarantee is justified, the product will be repaired, replaced, returned, or have its price reduced, in compliance with the law.
The guarantee will be void::
- - If any detail of the guarantee or the proof of purchase is modified, altered or replaced; and/or
- - If the identification number or the guaranteed product is tampered with or repaired without prior authorisation by the Technical Service.
- - Order number
- - Product description
- - Description of the product's problem - Attached photos in the case of visible damage
Each case will be dealt with individually and you will be given the technical service address of each manufacturer for your country or the place where your customer must send the product and accessories (with prepaid expenses). It is compulsory to include a copy of the sale's invoice in the package, the Technical Support form given by us and the description of the detected problem.
Please bear in mind that we mainly work with products of Asian origin and the factory is usually located in Asia so it may not be possible to offer technical support directly.
In which cases will Open Shop not refund 100% of the product's value?
- - If the product has clear signs of misuse, unjustified damage or arrives in bad condition;
- - If the product is returned without the packaging, with a damaged packaging, or with transport labels that make the packaging unusable - 50% of the product's value will be discounted; and
- - If the product is returned with missing parts or accessories, or if the incident description is not real - the product will not be refunded.
VERY IMPORTANT: No refund will be made for products returned to Open Shop Marketplace that are not faulty or whose incident description is not real.
Also please note, the following goods cannot be returned:
- Goods which are clearly personalised or made to your specifications.
- Goods which are liable to deteriorate rapidly, eg fresh fruit, fresh flowers.
- Goods with health protection or hygiene considerations, if opened, e.g. make up, underwear, pierced jewellery.
- Audio or video recordings or computer software, if opened.
- Newspapers, periodicals and magazines.
- Goods returned must be in a saleable condition.
- Goods returned must be unworn/unused with original tags and packaging.
- Goods should be packaged so that both the item and the brand packaging (if applicable) are not damaged in transit. Open Shop Marketplace do not accept responsibility for items damaged in transit.
- You are responsible for the return postage costs unless an item has arrived faulty or damaged.
- We strongly recommend using a tracked mail service (with insurance where appropriate for goods value), retaining proof of postage. Open Shop Marketplace do not accept responsibility for items lost in return transit.
What happens if the customer does not collect an order?
When an order is not collected by the consignee, it will be returned to our warehouse. Once we have received it, it will be processed by the Technical Support team and passed on to the Administration Department for the refund to be processed. The order shipment and the return to the warehouse entail transportation expenses, which the company or person who placed the order must pay for. Consequently, you will receive a payment corresponding to the order return minus the two-way delivery expenses.
This process may take up to 4 weeks
When is the money refunded?
- You will be refunded within 14 days of receiving the goods back.
- If we offered to collect the goods, you will be refunded within 14 days of canceling your contract.
- You will receive an email once the products reach us and are accepted for return.
- Refunds will be issued to the same means of payment initially used to purchase the goods.
- Refunds usually take between 3 – 10 business days to show in your account, depending on the payment method used.